Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Change of Heart

It's been 2 years since my last blog post. My "passion" for writing whatever I wanted to just went "fssst" and "poof" into thin air. What happened? I got greedy and materialistic, sad to say.

I became too ambitious and wanted to keep one of those blogs that everyone reads. The ones which I could make a killing out of from my readership. I wanted to transform this blog into "one of those" blogs!

So out comes the checklist - at that point in time, what did it take to own a "successful" blog?

1. Pictures and loads of them. The most successful blogs I've seen are those that have practically more pictures than words. I know, reading crap isn't as much fun as oogling that hot girl's cleavage.

2. A pretty face and a hot body. I say this because my boyfriend personally ONLY stalks blogs which have pictures (first point!) of the pretty blogger fully decked in make up, false lashes, colour contacts - ok a nice rack is also definitely a plus point there. Someone who looks good, and relishes in their narcissism. I have tried being like that, but after many, many futile attempts, I have abandoned trying completely. I am just not that kind of person. I don't even like to take pictures!

On that point alone, I don't even like wearing make up. In fact, I DON'T wear makeup and can't be arsed to do so! I am a very low maintenance, live-in-tank-tops-and-loose-pants kind of girl.

In other words I'm very lazy.

I could say I'm finally now comfortable in my own skin, and will not attempt to be someone I'm not. I don't mind dressing up for occasions, like the odd wedding and gathering I attend like, 4 times a year, but NO WAY could I do it every single day! I shudder at the thought.

3. Beauty or Food Blogging. Now I ADMIRE beauty and food bloggers, because unlike MOST bloggers which fall into point 2 above, their posts are full of substance. It takes a good handling of the English language to actually come up with all the adjectives to describe products / food. It takes time and dedication to write the posts. Unlike pretty bloggers who can finish up the writing portion of their blog posts in just about 30 seconds*

* I am not trying to be a bloody bitch and dismiss all pretty bloggers. It just so happens I'm very sore about a certain incident. I spent a good amount of money on an advertorial by a famous blogger, just to have churned out a good sized piece of CRAP. To add further insult to the injury, she blogged another post just less than 24 hours later full of nonsense SHOPPING pictures, which totally diminishes the impact of my advertorial!


So I actually tried beauty blogging (see my previous posts) but have failed dramatically. Sorry, I don't actually use enough beauty products to justify turning my blog into a beauty review site [see: Am too lazy to wear make up].

Food blogging is totally out of the question. There's no way I could actually refrain myself long enough to take pictures of food before actually scoffing it down. I enjoy food, I don't ever want to relate food to work of any kind. Plus I don't take pictures, enough said.

After all is said and done, I found that making money from blogging isn't for me and so totally gave it up. Until today. After my horrible experience with the advertorial, which was just last night, I realized that I didn't want to make money from blogs the way some people do, just by being pretty. I wanted to write stuff with substance! I wanted to be myself! Who cares if 99.9% of the global population wont' give a rat's arse about what I write or even come close to reading this?

From now I'll be writing to amuse... even if it's just myself.

0 comments:

Post a Comment