Friday, January 6, 2012

Armholes, armholes, everywhere!

This short, and seemingly rather nonsensical post, is dedicated to armholes. Yes ARMHOLES - as of today, the bane of my already -very-pathetic existence!

Today, just because I'm a very nice, and obliging person, I heeded the requests of one seemingly potential big fish buyer. Now I've come across some customers who have their weird and wonderful quirks about them, but spend LOADS AND LOADS OF MONEY (!!) with me, and so I willingly put up with their very strange requests. Like they want their clothes rolled and not folded, or they want every piece individually gift wrapped.

Anyway, the big difference between those big fish, and this potential one I came across, is they actually paid me for their purchases before such strange requests were even dished out.

This one is small in size, and where people usually ask for the sizing of an item based on let's say, a UK4-6 or maybe the pit to pit measurement, I got asked to measure armholes, for quite a few items. Now many of my friends would have told me off and asked me to ignore the request like a normal human being, but hey, times are desperate. Potential sales is better than having none at all.

So I obliged. Grudgingly, but the conclusion is I obliged, and will regret having done so for the rest of my life!! Dramatic, I know!!

The end result: I got no sales. The armholes of my items were too big for her tiny armholes. Boohoo, lesson learnt :(

0 comments:

Post a Comment