Sunday, January 29, 2012

My countrymen are not courteous at all

Dear governments of the world,

I suggest not wasting anymore money on printing "reserved for the disabled, elderly, and pregnant" anymore, because from what I've observed, my fellow countrymen cannot observe, or choose to ignore such signs.

I apologize for their lack of courtesy, and reassure you that some educated ones (myself included) feel horrible that such travesties occur and are embarrassed by them.

Working class men fill up all the seats on the LRT and pretend to sleep, while the elderly and heavily pregnant have to hold on to the bars for dear life when taking public transportation.

The priority seats at the airports are filled with youngsters plugged into their gadgets, while women with wailing babies are forced to sit far from the gate.

I don't know why this is, but from my humble experience, this doesn't happen in other Asian countries. A highly sarcastic and angry post today, fuelled by my experiences traveling with elderly parents.

0 comments:

Post a Comment