Thursday, January 5, 2012

Post Holiday Blues

It's the beginning of a new year, and everyone I know is excited for the year ahead. They've made brand, spanking new resolutions, and have huge goals and plans for the next 12 months.

Usually I'd be equally excited, a new year, new start, many things to look forward to. Not this year.

I'm horribly blue. I don't know whether it's because I feel that I'm still young at heart, and yet will be turning 27 this year, and just can't accept that fact. Sure, you can say that age is just a number, but in reality it DOES matter. For example, my ballet classes. I tire more easily than the younger ones, creak everywhere, and it takes a lot longer for me to recover. All that is due to the physically aging, and sadly, can't be slowed down just by "thinking" young.

Or maybe it's because for the past 4 years (has it been that long since I stopped working? It's been so long that I've honestly lost track) I've not given myself a break. No holidays, no MCs, no nothing. The good thing about it is that it shows that I actually enjoy and love what I do, but on the other hand it probably means that I'm tired, and worn out. I gave myself a small break at the end of the year. I let myself do nothing but play computer games, read, and watch shows without bothering with emails, and it's exactly THAT kind of break that I'm having so much difficulty recovering from.

Whatever it is, I honestly hope I snap out of it soon. Life is WAY too short to be spent being depressed.

0 comments:

Post a Comment