Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Oxen have bad tempers

I'm an ox. I'm born in the year of the Ox, AND I'm a Taurus (almost wrote Tauren, I have obviously been reading to many World of Warcraft books. Just for the record, I have the whole collection). So those traits unique to the oxen, probably means times two for me.

I have a double dose of stubbornness. But one supposedly oxen trait that I DON'T have - I am NOT patient. I have low tolerance towards practically everything I encounter on a daily basis. I cannot for the life of me, tolerate incompetence, laziness, inefficiency, stupidity, and KIDS.

In fact, I think my impatience actually fuels my temper. I don't usually lose it, but when I do IT'S BAD!!! No joke. I hate myself when I crack and all Hell breaks loose.

One such loss of temper occurred today, I'm still seething like mad from the cause of my anger, but as I'm sitting he typing, and feeling zen from blasting music from my phone, I'm starting to regret how I handled the whole situation. In fact, I'm almost embarrassed. ALMOST.

You know how some people say never to send emails when you're angry, and just let it sit for a day before re-reading through to judge whether it's effective? Yeah, well I don't do that, I just don't have the patience. You piss me off, you WILL have an earful from me. And I will nag and nag and nag and go on and on and on about the issue and you will never hear the end of it. What's worse, I will always bring in highly irrelevant issues into the whole argument, and at the end of the day, no one really knows what I was pissed off about in the first place.

Yup, that's me. I'm a bit psychotic, but at least I admit it. I'm not afraid to admit it, so I guess I'm not a total lost cause as of yet.

At the end of the day, I just want to say I'm sorry. I'm sorry we argued about dog t-shirts, of all things. It sounds super ridiculous now, but I swear I was so mad. And to some extent still am. But I'll be ok, and look on the bright side, the best people in the world were always a bit quirky :p

0 comments:

Post a Comment